The sweetheart cabbage is a beautiful vegetable, which enhances our winter table with its fresh and delicate green. It is so sweet and tender that we like to serve it raw, finely shredded and simply dressed with lemon, extra virgin oil and a touch of mustard.
Sweetheart Cabbage and Tuna Salad
1 medium sweetheart cabbage, 400 g
160 g tuna in oil
6 anchovies in oil, chopped
1 teaspoon capers in salt, roughly washed
10 black olives, pitted
The fresh juice of half lemon
A good handful of flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
3 tablespoons extra virgin oil
1 teaspoon mustard
Sea salt and black pepper
Preparation time 15 minutes
- Tear off and discard the outer leaves of the cabbage. Halve it and remove the core. With a sharp and heavy knife, finely shred the halves crosswise. Arrange it in a large bowl.
- Drain the tuna and flake it with a fork. Add it to the cabbage.
- Stir in anchovies, capers and olives. Sprinkle with parsley.
- In a small cup make your vinaigrette by mixing together salt, pepper, lemon, mustard and oil. Tatse and adjust the lemon and the mustard.
- Dress your salad at the very last moment and arrange it in a serving dish.